The front-office development team is a medium d, quickly growing team of professionals that works in close co-operation with the IT and Trader departments. They have developed its own state of the art framework for accessing and trading markets all over the world. The usability of their trading applications needs to be improved
As a MySQL DBA you will work together with the other DBA. It’s important to strengthen the DBA team due to the increase of activities. You will be responsible for all large MySQL databases in the company on an international basis. Your responsibilities will include:
- DBA tasks - maintenance of the large databases (performance analysis and tuning, ad-hoc problems, foresee problems before they occur, database recovery, disaster recovery, storage engines, backup)
- Help developers in designing databases and develop them
- Upgrades (upgrades, plug-ins, replications, database integration)
- 24/7 support
- You have a bachelor degree
- Experience with MySQL (versions 5.0 to 5.5) (MUST)
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Bash, PHP) is a plus
- Some programming language skills is a plus
- You’re comfortable working in a Linux environment
- You speak fluent English
- You’re currently residing in the EU
You have a strong personality and are able to work in a stressful fast moving environment. You don’t have a 9-5 mentality (24/7 support and weekend work is required). You’re a self starter and learn quickly. You can work independently as well as in a team.
They offer a highly learning environment and a wealth of (global) career opportunities. Besides that they pay a great salary with tremendous bonuses.
If you think you are suitable for this role then please apply by sending an updated copy of your CV via the link below for the attention of Silvie van Steensel.